Table of contents
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that the Inter Partner Assistance server installs on the drive of your computer or mobile device (smartphones, tablets, etc.). Cookies allow storage of some of your data permanently or temporarily. Cookies have several functions. Some contain information such as the user's language preference, so that he or she does not have to enter that information again for future visits to the same website. Other cookies allow optimal graphic display for the device, while others allow an Internet application to work properly.
The Inter Partner Assistance website's server can only read cookies that it has placed on your computer or mobile device; it does not have access to other information on your computer or mobile device.
Which cookies does our site use?
Inter Partner Assistance may use multiple cookie types.
- Essential cookies: These cookies are required for browsing our website and access to your personal account. Among other things, they allow you to verify your identity in a secure way before granting access to your personal information. These cookies may contain your IP address or your identification data (name, first name, login or password, etc.).
- Functional cookies: These cookies are intended to make our website easier to use and to make navigation more user-friendly. These cookies may thus contain your choice of language, your user segment and the preferences you expressed during a previous visit.
- Flash-cookies: These cookies make it possible to stream video animations in "Adobe Flash Player" on our website. These cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device but are not managed by your browser. These cookies can be managed and deactivated. This Adobe site explains how to disable Flash cookies: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
However, disabling Flash cookies prevents certain functions, especially playing video content.
To delete Flash cookies, use the control panel on the Adobe website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
- Third party cookies:
The website also contains third-party material, such as audio-visual services, social media buttons, or advertisements.
How to manage and/or disable cookies?
The browser on your computer or mobile phone also offers options to refuse cookie installation, to return later to modify your consent or to disable cookies installed on your computer or mobile device.
You can block cookies by selecting the applicable procedure in your browser:
- Internet Explorer:
- Google Chrome:
When you refuse certain cookies, you will only be able to access the public parts of our website. However, some features or applications will be limited or impossible, and some graphics may not display correctly.
You can also set your browser to send a code indicating which websites you do not want to track your browsing. (Option "Do No Track").
- Internet Explorer:
- Google Chrome:
Your personal data are recorded and processed in accordance with the Inter Partner Assistance "Privacy Protection Policy". You can find more information by clicking the "Privacy Protection Policy" link in the legal notice on our website. This policy defines the rules that Inter Partner Assistance applies to processing any of your personal data that we may collect.
ALTERNATIVE MODES OF DISPUTE SETTLEMENT ("ADR")
In the event of any dispute with AXA ASSISTANCE, you may contact AXA ASSISTANCE directly, file an action in the court of competent jurisdiction or contact the following institutions:
- Ombudsman des Assurances - The Belgian Insurance Ombudsman
The Insurance Ombudsman is competent for all disputes brought by consumers in the insurance sector.
The procedure is free of charge. The procedure can be followed in French, Dutch, German or English. The procedure is not binding.
Square de Meeûs 35,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +32 (2) 547 58 71
Fax: +32 (2) 547 59 75
North Gate II,Boulevard du Roi Albert II, 8, Box 1
Telephone: +32(2) 702 52 20
Fax: +32(2) 808 71 29
On the European Commission website, you can find the complete list of institutions competent for the settlement of disputes:
PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY
You can browse the Inter Partner Assistance website without disclosing your personal data. However, certain pages may be reserved for visitors who register beforehand or provide certain personal data and information. This information and data is intended to enable us to do one or more of the following:
- respond to your request for information
- to provide you with the goods or service requested
- to keep you informed about our activities and/or new products and services.
Our commitment to protecting your personal data
We know that respect for the confidentiality of personal data is essential to maintain your trust and we have therefore set up procedures to protect your data against any attempt of unauthorized use or disclosure.
We have a global data protection team, as well as a network of data protection officers to ensure data security in all our business lines.
Inter Partner Assistance is part of the AXA Group. The AXA Group is the first insurance group in the world to adopt a set of internal company rules ("Binding Corporate Rules"). These rules establish an internationally recognized data protection standard. They have been approved by the Commission for the Protection of Privacy and by 15 other European authorities charged with personal data protection (Mon. B. 6/10/2014, p. 78547).
Our commitment in regard to use of your personal data
We offer you prevention and protection solutions that are constantly updated thanks to in-depth analysis of the risks you face. To that end, we collect and use your personal data in compliance with the legislation.
We have established general conditions for processing your personal data in connection with our insurance and service activities. You will find them on the website page [address] dedicated to this matter.
We have established procedures and contractual arrangements to require all our associates, sales representatives, consultants and service providers to maintain confidentiality in regard to your data.
Our clients can entrust us with the personal data that we require in order to offer them the insurance policy they need – both at the time of the initial subscription and anytime during the life of the contract. We see ourselves as guardians of this data. In some cases, we may collaborate with other companies to offer products but only when we are sure that the products offer real improved value for our clients.
The data collected through this site may include information such as your name and surname, home address, email address, telephone number, age, login details and any other identification data. Inter Partner Assistance will not record or process sensitive data through this site. In this context, "Sensitive data" means personal data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and processing genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, health data or data relating to the sex life or sexual orientation of a natural person.
Purpose of data processing - Voluntary nature
Communication of your personal data through this site is done for the purpose of advertising and promoting the products and services offered by Inter Partner Assistance, market research, statistical and actuarial studies, client management and, where appropriate, the proposal, negotiation, conclusion and execution of contracts and insurance policies offered by Inter Partner Assistance.
Communication of your personal data is on a voluntary basis where it concerns advertising and promotion of the products and services offered by Inter Partner Assistance, market research, statistical and actuarial studies and client management.
Communication of your personal data such as your identity home address, e-mail address, personal status, your bank account and in case of medical assistance, health data, etc., is however a necessary precondition for proposal, negotiation, conclusion and execution of contracts and insurance policies offered by Inter Partner Assistance. In the latter case, registration and processing of your personal data is covered by the applicable Inter Partner Assistance terms and conditions.
In order to best meet your needs and to offer you the most appropriate services in relation to the aforementioned purposes, your personal data may be communicated to other AXA Group companies and other companies and/or individuals in a relationship with them (lawyers, medical consultants, experts, reinsurers, co-insurers, service providers, etc.) and/or your intermediaries (agents or brokers, etc.).
Transfer of data outside of the European Union
Where appropriate, the third parties with whom we share your personal data may be located both in the European Union and outside of it. In the event of data transfers to third parties outside the European Union, Inter Partner Assistance complies with the legal and regulatory provisions in force regarding such transfers and, in particular, ensures an adequate level of protection for the personal data thus transferred, on the basis of the solutions imposed or recommended by the European Commission, such as the standard contractual clauses or the Binding Corporate Rules in case of inter-group transfers.
Data processing for direct marketing purposes
Inter Partner Assistance may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes (commercial actions, personalized advertising, profiling, data linkage, brand awareness, etc.), with the aim to improve the knowledge about you and your needs, to inform you of its activities, products and services, and to send you commercial offers. We may also share your data with other AXA Group companies and your intermediary for direct marketing with similar purposes.
In order to provide the most appropriate services regarding direct marketing, such personal data may be communicated to companies and/or persons acting as subcontractors or service providers working on behalf of Inter Partner Assistance, other AXA Group companies and/or an insurance intermediary.
These processes are necessary for legitimate Inter Partner Assistance interests that are consistent parts of development of its economic activity. Where appropriate, these processes may rely on consent from the person concerned.
Data retention period
Inter Partner Assistance may store and process your personal login details for a period of 12 months. This retention period starts from the date of the last log in. It also applies to personal data stored in cookies.
Other data processed in the context of the purposes defined in other documents, contractual or otherwise, may be kept for different periods.
Inter Partner Assistance has taken all necessary measures to protect the confidentiality of personal data and to guard against unauthorized access, misuse, modification or deletion. To this end, Inter Partner Assistance follows the standards of security and continuity of service, and regularly assesses the level of security of its processes, systems and applications as well as those of its partners.
Right of access, rectification, deletion, limitation and opposition – data portability
You have the right to :
- obtain from Inter Partner Assistance, confirmation that personal data about you are or are not being processed and, if so, when they are, and to access this data;
- correct the data and, where appropriate, have your personal data completed if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- delete personal data in certain circumstances;
- impose limitations, in certain circumstances, on processing data that is of a personal nature;
- oppose, for reasons relating to the particular situation, personal data processing based on the legitimate interests of Inter Partner Assistance;
- oppose the treatment of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for direct marketing purposes;
- opt for exclusion from being the subject of a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects that concern you or significantly affect you. However, if the automated process is necessary for the conclusion or the performance of a contract, you have the right to human intervention from Inter Partner Assistance, to express your point of view and to challenge the decision made by Inter Partner Assistance;
- receive personal data that you have provided to Inter Partner Assistance in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format; to transmit this data to another person or institution responsible for processing it in cases when (i) processing your personal data relies on your consent or for the purposes of executing a contract and (ii) the processing is carried out with the aid of an automated process; and to have your personal data transmitted directly from one responsible person or institution to another where technically possible;
- withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to lawful processing prior to the withdrawal of said consent, when processing your personal data relies on your consent.
Contacting Inter Partner Assistance
To exercise these rights, you can contact the Inter Partner Assistance data privacy officer at the following addresses:
- by standard mail: Inter Partner Assistance - Data Protection Officer
Avenue Louise 166
- by e-mail: dpo.BNL@axa-assistance.com.
Inter Partner Assistance will process the requests within the deadlines provided for in the legislation. Unless there is a manifestly unfounded or excessive request, no payment will be required for processing these requests.
Submitting a complaint
If you believe that Inter Partner Assistance does not comply with the relevant regulations, please contact Inter Partner Assistance and inform us first.
You can also lodge a complaint with the Belgian Personal Data Protection Authority at the following address:
You can also file a complaint with the Court of First Instance in your home area.
"Cookies" are small files stored on your hard drive or on your mobile device that allow us to record certain information about your visit, which we can then read during subsequent visits. They allow browser recognition during your visit to our website ('session cookie') or during future, repeat visits ('permanent cookie'). A notable example is that an installed cookie will save you having to reintroduce your language preferences (choice of the navigation language).
The Inter Partner Assistance server can only read the cookies that it has placed itself; it does not have access to other information on your computer or on your mobile device. Cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device in your browser directory. The content of a cookie typically consists of the name of the server that placed the cookie, an expiry date, and a unique encrypted code.
The shelf life of this information is 12 months.
You may block installation of "cookies" on your computer or mobile device by configuring your browser (please refer your browser's online help). You can also delete cookies stored on your computer or mobile device.